Real Estate Investment Network has identified Hamilton among its top cities to invest in, for the last 3 years running (as of June 2014)
For the past 4 years running, since the record breaking 2012, The City of Hamilton has issued over $1 Billion in building permits per year.
The REALTOR’S® Association of Hamilton Burlington reports that the Seller’s Market is continuing. So there are still lots more buyers looking to get in than there are homes available. This doesn’t mean disaster for buyers, but rather it means you are looking in a strong, popular market. And you need to talk to your REALTOR® about areas, and values, they are changing on a seemingly daily basis. But Hamilton has lots of room to grow, lots of neighbourhoods on their way and still lots of great opportunities for first time buyers looking to get into the housing market even though the pace has increased.
For many, the average price of a detached, single family home in Hamilton and the surrounding areas puts home ownership within reach. Prices are definitely going up, and yes, you can absolutely spend $1million plus, but a solid, well cared for home is attainable here for many young families that may otherwise not have been able to buy. There are also lots of great options for smaller 1 and 1/2 story homes for people looking to downsize. 2017 has brought an incredible amount of attention to the housing market in the GTA with numbers increasing too fast, the average prices growing, as well as with the Ontario Government getting involved with the 16 point Fair Housing Plan. Time will tell on how things will pan out, it is getting more competitive here to buy, but you still need to think wisely with your purchase.
What people are saying
- CBC April 2017 – As province moves to cool Toronto housing, what happens in Hamilton?
- Money Sense April 2017 – Hamilton’s Top Neighbourhoods
- The Toronto Star Sept 2016 – Hamilton is Having its Moment
- Moneysense March 2016 – Canada’s Top Cities to buy Real Estate in
- Hamilton Spectator April 2016 – Hamilton’s sizzling housing market has few worries
- CBC October 2015 – House prices overvalued in Canada, but not in Hamilton, CMHC says
- Globe and Mail March 2015 – Hamilton’s great leap forward: New condos, transit boost real estate
- Hamilton Spectator March 2015 – Hamilton’s renaissance is no illusion
- Globe and Mail January 2015 – How Hamilton is revitalizing its downtown to bring new life
- CBC January 2015 – Boom town: Hamilton housing expected to stay hot in 2015
- Globe and Mail July 2014 – Hamilton joins Canada’s red hot housing market
- Global July 2014 – Here’s the hottest housing market in Canada nobody’s talking about
- CBC December 2013 – Special Report: Sold! How a hot real estate market is changing Hamilton
The Hamilton Spectator October 2013 – Why is it a good idea to move to Hamilton?
- The Toronto Star June 2013 – Bidding wars, soaring house prices hit Hamilton real estate
Emerging TO April 2013 – Hamilton: Toronto’s Next Emerging Neighbourhood?
- CBC May 2012 – Downtown making slow, sure gains
Huffington Post August 2011 – Why this Cool Kid Moved to Hamilton
The National Post October 2010 – The Secret’s Out: Why the cool kids are moving to Hamilton
“It looks like Hamilton is still a tight market. There are few places like that in Canada.” – Marc Pinsonneault, senior economist with the National Bank of Canada