#HamOnt Holiday Gift Guide
Christmas is just around the corner! After (another) year of Covid restrictions, there could not be a better time to support Hamilton businesses by shopping for your gifts locally. See my gift guides below with ideas for everyone on your list.
Gifts for Food Lovers
- Earth to Table Bakes by Bettina Schormann and Erin Schitel of Bread Bar. Available at Bread Bar, Crown Point Market and local booksellers.
- Berkeley North’s Island Jerk Marinade (and other great products) can be purchased at Dundurn & Ottawa Markets.
- Dawson’s Hot Sauce – buy it directly or find your closest retailer with the store locator on their website (you’ll be able to find this product all over the city).
- Joshy’s Good Eats offers amazing hand-cured and spiced seafood. Buy directly at the Farmer’s Market or local retailers: Crown Point Market, Hammerheads on Ottawa, or The Casual Gourmet.
- Vintage Coffee is sure to please the coffee connoisseur in your life. Available in store and online.
- Mickey McGuire’s Cheese will help you put together a local selection of cheeses.
Gifts for Hosts
- Collective Arts Gin – not just a great spirit, but a beautiful bottle to display and re-use after all the negronis have been consumed.
- Prints by Rasa Morisson (local illustrator) have a beautiful, cozy feel. Available at Pretty Grit.
- Christine De Takacsy ceramic mugs and other great local craftwork are available at Store on James.
- Made in Hamilton Candles from Pure Home Couture are 100% soy and support Hamilton Food Share.
- Jolly Cut Syrups (pairs well with Collective Arts gin) can be found at Cherry Birch General and The Casual Gourmet.
Gifts for Nature Enthusiasts
- An annual Hamilton Conservation Authority Membership gets the recipient access to some of the best trails and beaches in the city.
- Mushroom fans will love some of the nature inspired homeware designs at Girl on the Wing.
- A Royal Botanical Gardens Membership includes year-round access to cultivated gardens, trails, tickets to the annual Winter Exhibit, and more.
- Sibley Birds Backyard Birding Puzzle from King West books is perfect for birders.
- Hikers will love the comprehensive Hamilton Hikes guide to area trails. Available at Epic Books, J.H. Gordon Books and other sellers.
Gifts for the Hamilton Fan
- Ticats Season Tickets – Get an all access pass for the Ticats fan in your life.
- Forge FC – Soccer fans will love season tickets to this local club.
- Gifting a Hamilton Spectator Subscription is a great way to support local journalism.
- Decorate their tree with an ornament from The Hamilton Store
- A Jelly Brothers print of the recipient’s neighbourhood or favourite Hamilton landmark.
- A Hamilton Pin (along with other Hamilton-themed gifts) can be found at Lulu & Lavigne on Locke.
Gifts for Art & Music Lovers
- Artwork from Paul Elia and Gord Leverton can be purchased at the Views of the City holiday show at the Paul Elia Gallery from December 4 – 23, 2021.
- Gift an AGH Membership for year round access to this nationally recognized gallery.
- Movie lovers will love a membership to The Playhouse Cinema which will give them discounted prices on show tickets.
- Artist in your life? Gift them art supplies from Mixed Media.
- Arkells fans will love to receive the latest record on vinyl.